Buy A Thyroid Test Kit Online
THE ABINGDON SIMPLY TEST THYROID TSH RAPID SELF-TEST
The Abingdon Simply Test Thyroid TSH Rapid self-test is a simple and reliable way to check your thyroid function from the comfort of your own home. The test measures the levels of Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH) in your blood, which can indicate whether your thyroid is functioning properly.
The thyroid gland produces hormones that regulate metabolism and energy levels in the body. TSH levels indicate how well the thyroid gland is functioning. If TSH levels are too high or too low, it can indicate an underactive or overactive thyroid, which can cause a range of symptoms including fatigue, weight gain or loss, and mood changes. The thyroid gland is in the neck, just below the Adam’s apple.
The test is easy to use and provides accurate results in just 10 minutes. Simply collect a small blood sample using the included lancet and capillary dropper, mix with the buffer solution, add it to the test cassette, and wait for the results. The test is suitable for use by both men and women and is recommended for anyone experiencing symptoms of an underactive or overactive thyroid, such as fatigue, weight gain or loss, and mood changes.
The Abingdon Simply Test Thyroid TSH Rapid self-test is CE marked and approved for use in the UK. With a high accuracy level of 98.2%, it is a cost-effective and convenient way to monitor your thyroid health and can help you to take control of your wellbeing.
Each pack contains 1 test.
How to use a Lateral Flow Test to check Thyroid Health
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water and ensure they are thoroughly dry before using the test.
- Remove the test cassette and place on a flat surface. Remove all the other items in the pack and place next to the test cassette prior to pricking your finger.
- Massage your intended finger to get the blood circulation going.
- Using the alcohol pad provided, clean the tip of the finger you intend to puncture and leave to air dry for a few seconds.
- Remove the cap from the lancet.
- Hold the lancet firmly in your hand and push down to puncture the skin on your fingertip. The lancet will safely and automatically retract once it has been used.
- Gently massage your finger to obtain a drop of blood.
- Taking care not to squeeze the capillary dropper, contact the capillary dropper with the drop of blood which will automatically draw into the capillary dropper.
- You may need to repeat massaging the finger to collect further drops of blood until you have enough blood to fill the line.
- Immediately add the blood sample to the well of the cassette by squeezing the bulb of the capillary dropper.
- Wait for the blood to fully disperse into the cassette well so the sample covers the entire area.
- Unscrew the cap of the buffer solution and add 2 drops of the buffer solution to the cassette well.
- Wait for 10 minutes before reading the result.