Buy An Iron Deficiency Test
Abingdon Health Iron Deficiency Rapid Test Kit
The Abingdon Simply Test Iron (Ferritin) Rapid Test is a simple and reliable way to measure your iron levels, with fast results in just 5 minutes.
Ferritin is a protein that stores iron in the body, and measuring its levels can help you understand your overall iron status. This test is ideal for those who suspect they may have an iron deficiency or for those who want to monitor their iron levels.
Iron is important in the body because it helps to carry oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body through the bloodstream. Iron is also responsible for energy production in the body so low levels of iron can make you feel tired and weak. In severe cases, low levels of iron can lead to anaemia, a condition where the body doesn’t have enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to the body’s organs and tissues, causing symptoms such as chest pain, rapid heartbeat, and shortness of breath. It can also affect the immune system making it harder for the body to fight off infections.
The Abingdon Simply Test Iron Rapid Test is 95.1% accurate, easy to use and requires just a small sample of blood. The results are simple to read and can help you maintain iron levels that are within a healthier range.
The Abingdon Simply Test Iron (Ferritin) Rapid Test is perfect for use at home. It is CE marked and manufactured to the highest standards, ensuring reliable and accurate results every time. With this test, you can take control of your health and ensure that your iron levels are where they should be.
Buy your test now:
How to use a Lateral Flow Test for Iron Deficiency.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before using the test.
- Remove the test cassette and place on a flat surface with all the other items in the pack next to it prior to pricking your finger.
- Massage your intended finger to get the blood circulation going.
- Using the alcohol pad provided, clean the tip of the finger you intend to prick and leave to air dry for a few seconds.
- Remove the cap of the lancet.
- Hold the lancet firmly in your hand and push down to prick the skin on your fingertip. The lancet will safely and automatically retract after using it.
- Gently massage your finger to obtain a drop of blood.
- Taking care not to squeeze the capillary dropper, contact the capillary dropper with the drop of blood which will automatically draw into the capillary dropper.
- You may need to repeat massaging the finger to collect further drops of blood until you have enough blood to fill the line.
- Immediately add the blood sample to the well of the cassette by squeezing the bulb of the capillary dropper.
- Wait for the blood to fully disperse into the cassette well so the sample covers the entire area.
- Unscrew the cap of the buffer solution and add 1 drop of the solution to the cassette well.
- Wait for 5 minutes before reading the result.