Buy A UTI Test
Abingdon Health UTI Test Kit
The Abingdon Simply Test Urinary Tract Infections (UTI’s) self-test is a convenient and easy-to-use solution for detecting UTI’s in the comfort of your own home. This test kit is designed to detect four different markers of UTI’s, including Leukocytes (white blood cells that indicate the body is fighting off an infection), Nitrites (that indicate the presence of bacteria in the urinary tract), Blood (which can be a sign of inflammation in the urinary tract) and Protein (which can leak into the urine if there is inflammation).
Using the kit is simple – just collect a urine sample and dip the test strip into the sample for a few seconds. The strip will then display colour changes that should be compared against the colour chart provided. The colour indicators will either reveal the presence or absence of each of the four markers. The test has a sensitivity of 100% and an overall accuracy of 90.5%. The results are easy to read and can be interpreted in 2 quick and easy minutes.
This self-test is an effective and reliable way to detect UTI’s early, allowing for prompt treatment and prevention of complications. It is ideal for those who experience recurrent UTI’s or those who want to monitor their urinary health regularly.
The Abingdon Simply Test Urinary Tract Infections self-test kit is CE marked and manufactured in the UK to the highest standards. It is a cost-effective and convenient alternative to traditional laboratory testing, providing accurate results in the privacy of your own home.
Each pack contains 1 test.
How to use a Lateral Flow Test for UTI
- Collect the first urine sample of the day, as it’s the most concentrated, into a dry, clean container.
- For women only: this test should not be used during your menstrual cycle or for 3 days after your menstrual cycle is completed, to avoid any false positives.
- Using the plastic cup provided, collect some of the urine sample, taking care to fill the cup carefully.
- Open the UTI self-test kit and remove the test strip.
- Remove the test strip from the foil pouch, taking great care not to touch the coloured squares.
- Dip the coloured squares (on the test strip) into the urine sample for 1-2 seconds, ensuring all 4 coloured squares are fully immersed in the urine sample.
- Carefully wipe away any excess urine against the rim of the plastic cup.
- Wait for 2 minutes for the test results to appear.