Instructions on how to use the Abingdon Health Bowel Health Test (FOB) Rapid self-test:
Each box contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Stool Catcher
1 x Specimen Collection Tube
1 x Foil pouch containing Test Cassette
1 x Buffer Solution
- To perform the test correctly, please ensure the test, sample, and buffer solution reach room temperature prior to testing.
- Using the stool catcher, carefully collect a sample of stool. It is important to use the stool catcher to avoid the stool sample being contaminated.
- Unscrew the end of the specimen collection tube containing the buffer solution and stab the specimen collection applicator in at least 3 separate places on the sample. Take care not to scoop the sample.
- Return the end of the specimen collector back to the tube and screw to tighten.
- Shake the collection tube rigorously for several seconds to ensure the sample has mixed well with the buffer solution.
- Remove the test cassette from the foil pouch and place on a flat surface.
- Place 2 full drops of the buffer solution onto the test cassette.
- Wait 5 minutes to read the result.
Reading the results:
- 1 red line in the Control line region ( C ) only = no FOB detected (negative result)
- 2 red lines in the Control line region ( C ) and Test line region ( T ) = FOB detected (positive result) – please consult your GP or Healthcare Practitioner
- No line appears in the control line region ( C ) = Invalid test due to insufficient specimen sample or incorrect procedure followed. Please repeat the test.