The Abingdon Health rapid HIV self-test package contains the following items:
1 x instructions leaflet
1 x alcohol swab
1 x test device with dessicant bag
2 x sterile lancets for pricking tip of finger for blood sample
1 x pipette for obtaining blood sample
1 x vial with dropper containing diluent (liquid)
1. Using the alcohol swab provided, clean the area of skin where you plan to prick yourself.
2. Hold the the sterile lancet firmly in your hand, and place the tip of the lancet against the skin, at an angle that allows for a puncture to be made.
3. Gently but firmly push down on the lancet to make a puncture.
4. Once the puncture has been made, gently squeeze or massage the finger to allow the blood to flow before collecting a sample.
5. Using the pipette, carefully draw blood from the tip of the finger.
6. Once the pipette is filled with blood, discharge the blood into the vial containing the diluent (liquid).
7. Apply the dropper to the vial.
8. Add 3 drops of the diluent (which is now mixed with the blood sample) to the well of the test device.
9. Wait 10 minutes before obtaining a reading.
10. 1 red line indicates a negative result for HIV.
11. 2 lines indicate a positive result for HIV.