How to use the Abingdon Simply Test Iron (Ferritin) Rapid Test:
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Alcohol Pad
1 x Sealed Pouch containing Test Cassette
1 x Sterile Lancet to prick finger with
1 x Capillary Dropper
1 x Buffer Solution
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before using the test.
- Remove the test cassette and place on a flat surface with all the other items in the pack next to it prior to pricking your finger.
- Massage your intended finger to get the blood circulation going.
- Using the alcohol pad provided, clean the tip of the finger you intend to prick and leave to air dry for a few seconds.
- Remove the cap of the lancet.
- Hold the lancet firmly in your hand and push down to prick the skin on your fingertip. The lancet will safely and automatically retract after using it.
- Gently massage your finger to obtain a drop of blood.
- Taking care not to squeeze the capillary dropper, contact the capillary dropper with the drop of blood which will automatically draw into the capillary dropper.
- You may need to repeat massaging the finger to collect further drops of blood until you have enough blood to fill the line.
- Immediately add the blood sample to the well of the cassette by squeezing the bulb of the capillary dropper.
- Wait for the blood to fully disperse into the cassette well so the sample covers the entire area.
- Unscrew the cap of the buffer solution and add 1 drop of the solution to the cassette well.
- Wait for 5 minutes before reading the result.
Reading the results:
- 2 lines appear in the control line ( C ) and test line ( T ) = NORMAL FERRITIN LEVELS. This result indicates that you have a normal level of iron in your blood.
- 1 line appears in the control line ( C ) only = ABNORMAL FERRITIN LEVELS. This result indicates you have low iron levels in your blood. You should contact your GP / Healthcare Practitioner.
- No line appears on the control line ( C ) = Invalid test, either due to an insufficient volume of blood sample or the procedure was not followed correctly. Please repeat the test.