How to use the Abingdon Health Male Fertility (Sperm Count) Test
The Abingdon Simply Test SP-10 Male Fertility (Sperm Count) Rapid test contains the following:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Collection Cup
1 x Foil Pouch containing Test Cassette
1 x Buffer Solution Tube
1 x Semen Transfer Device (Syringe)
1 x Workstation
- Before testing, refrain from sexual activity for 3-7 days to ensure the volume and quality of the sperm is at its peak and to guarantee an accurate sperm reading.
- Collect the sample of sperm directly into the collection cup, taking care not to touch or contaminate the sample.
- Allow the semen sample to liquify (this could take up to 60 minutes) before beginning the test.
- Remove the test cassette from the foil pouch and place on a flat surface.
- Using the syringe, collect 0.1ml of the sperm sample (marked on the side of the syringe) and insert the sample into the buffer solution tube. Return the cap onto the buffer solution tube.
- Thoroughly mix the sperm sample with the buffer solution by turning the tube upside down 5 – 10 times.
- Remove the cap from the buffer solution tube and transfer 2 full drops of the solution into the cassette well.
- Read the results after 5 minutes.
Reading the results:
- 2 coloured lines on the control line ( C ) and test line ( T ) = NORMAL RESULT
- 1 coloured line on the control line ( C ) only = ABNORMAL RESULT – please consult your GP or Healthcare Practitioner
- If the control line ( C ) fails to appear = INVALID TEST – this could be as a result of an insufficient sperm sample volume. If the test indicates an invalid test, please repeat.
Please take care to dispose of the testing materials safely and hygienically.