How to use the Abingdon Simply Test Ovulation (LH) Rapid self-test
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Sealed Pouch containing 5 x Dipsticks
Refer to the testing chart on the instructions for use to determine when you should start taking the test.
- Collect a urine sample in a dry, clean container (not provided).
- Allow the urine sample to reach room temperature.
- Remove one dipstick from the sealed pouch and with the arrows pointing toward the urine sample, immerse the dipstick in the urine sample for at least 10 – 15 seconds. Do not pass the maximum line (max) on the dipstick when immersing in the urine sample.
- Carefully place the dipstick flat on a clean, dry, non-absorbent flat surface and wait for the coloured lines to appear.
- Wait 5 minutes before reading the result.
Reading the result:
- 2 lines are visible in the control line ( C ) and test line ( T ) and the line in the T region is the same as or darker than the line in the C region = A POSITIVE RESULT. This indicates that the LH surge has been detected and Ovulation is likely to occur in the next 24 – 36 hours.
- 2 lines are visible in the control line ( C ) and the test line ( T ) but the line in the T region is lighter than the line in the C region = A NEGATIVE RESULT. This indicates that no LH surge has been detected.
- If a line does not appear in the control line ( C ) this is deemed an invalid test due to insufficient urine specimen volumes or incorrect procedure followed. Please repeat the test.
It is recommended to perform the test at the same time each day, preferably in the afternoon or evening. Avoid drinking excessive fluids before the test, as this may dilute the urine sample and affect the accuracy of the test.