1 x An instruction pamphlet with step-by-step instructions on how to collect and read the test.
1 x alcohol wipe
1 x sealed aluminium bag containing test device with dessicant bag
1 x clear bag containing a pipette for collecting blood
1 x vial with dropper containing diluent (liquid)
2 x sterile lancets for blood sampling
Instructions on how to use the Abingdon Health rapid Prostate self-test:
1. Wash and dry hands thoroughly with soap and/or use the alcohol wipe to thoroughly clean the tip of the intended finger.
2. Remove all items from packaging first as it will be difficult to do once you have pricked the tip of your finger. Lay the items in front of you on a flat surface.
3. Place the lancet firmly in your hand and press down against the tip of the chosen finger until the skin has been punctured.
4. Gently massage the base of the pricked finger in an upward motion to ensure there is a sufficient amount of blood.
5. Gently squeeze the bulb of the pipette and draw the desired amount of blood into the pipette (enough to fill the pipette).
6. Expel the entire blood sample into the well of the test device.
7. Add 2 drops of the diluent (liquid) into the well of the test device (on top of the blood sample).
8. Wait for 5 minutes before reading the result.
2 lines = positive test result (raised PSA in the blood sample)
1 line = negative test result