How to use the Abingdon Simply Health H. Pylori (Stomach Ulcer) Rapid Test
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Specimen Collection Tube with Buffer Solution
1 x Stool Collection Paper
1 x Foil pouch containing Test Cassette
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water before handling the stool collection paper.
- Open the stool collection paper package and remove the paper from the packaging.
- Place the stool collection paper on top of the toilet seat, making sure it covers the entire seat.
- Sit on the stool collection paper and defecate as usual.
- To collect the stool: Unscrew the end of the specimen collection tube and stab the specimen collection applicator into the stool in at least 3 different places on the sample. Do not scoop the stool.
- Return the end of the specimen collector back to the tube and screw to tighten.
- Shake the collection tube rigorously for several seconds to ensure the sample has mixed well with the buffer solution.
- Remove the test cassette from the foil pouch and place on a flat surface.
- Place 2 full drops of the buffer solution onto the test cassette.
- Wait 10 minutes to read the result.
Reading the results:
- 1 coloured line appears in the Control line region ( C ) only and no coloured line appears in the Test line region ( T ) = no H. Pylori detected (negative result)
- 2 coloured lines appear in the Control line region ( C ) and Test line region (T) = Pylori detected in the stool sample (positive result) – please consult your GP or Healthcare Practitioner
- No line appears in the control line region ( C ) = Invalid test due to insufficient specimen sample or incorrect procedure followed. Please repeat the test.