How to use the Abingdon Health Thyroid TSH Rapid self-test
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Alcohol Pad
1 x Sealed Pouch containing Test Cassette
1 x Sterile Lancet to prick finger with
1 x Buffer solution
1 x Capillary Dropper
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water and ensure they are thoroughly dry before using the test.
- Remove the test cassette and place on a flat surface. Remove all the other items in the pack and place next to the test cassette prior to pricking your finger.
- Massage your intended finger to get the blood circulation going.
- Using the alcohol pad provided, clean the tip of the finger you intend to puncture and leave to air dry for a few seconds.
- Remove the cap from the lancet.
- Hold the lancet firmly in your hand and push down to puncture the skin on your fingertip. The lancet will safely and automatically retract once it has been used.
- Gently massage your finger to obtain a drop of blood.
- Taking care not to squeeze the capillary dropper, contact the capillary dropper with the drop of blood which will automatically draw into the capillary dropper.
- You may need to repeat massaging the finger to collect further drops of blood until you have enough blood to fill the line.
- Immediately add the blood sample to the well of the cassette by squeezing the bulb of the capillary dropper.
- Wait for the blood to fully disperse into the cassette well so the sample covers the entire area.
- Unscrew the cap of the buffer solution and add 2 drops of the buffer solution to the cassette well.
- Wait for 10 minutes before reading the result.
Reading the results:
- 2 lines appear in the control line ( C ) and test line ( T ) = ABNROMAL TSH LEVELS. This indicates that TSH levels are higher than normal. Please consult with your GP / Healthcare Practitioner
- 1 line appears in the control line ( C ) only = NORMAL TSH LEVELS. This result indicates you have a normal range of TSH levels in your blood.
- No line appears on the control line ( C ) = Invalid test, either due to an insufficient volume of blood sample or the procedure was not followed correctly. Please repeat the test.