Instructions on how to use the Abingdon Health Test Urinary Tract Infections self-test:
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Test Strip
1 x Plastic Cup
1 x Coloured Chart
- Collect the first urine sample of the day, as it’s the most concentrated, into a dry, clean container.
- For women only: this test should not be used during your menstrual cycle or for 3 days after your menstrual cycle is completed, to avoid any false positives.
- Using the plastic cup provided, collect some of the urine sample, taking care to fill the cup carefully.
- Open the UTI self-test kit and remove the test strip.
- Remove the test strip from the foil pouch, taking great care not to touch the coloured squares.
- Dip the coloured squares (on the test strip) into the urine sample for 1-2 seconds, ensuring all 4 coloured squares are fully immersed in the urine sample.
- Carefully wipe away any excess urine against the rim of the plastic cup.
- Wait for 2 minutes for the test results to appear.
Reading the result:
The test field for LEUKOCYTES remain whitish.
The test field for BLOOD remain mustard yellow.
The test field for NITRITE remain white.
The test field for PROTEIN remain yellowish.
The test field for LEUKOCYTES turn purple.
The test field for BLOOD turn green or some green spots appear.
The test field for NITRITE turn pink.
The test field for PROTEIN turn green.
If the test results indicate positive UTI, please contact your GP or Healthcare Provider for further evaluation and treatment.