How to use the Abingdon Health Vitamin D Rapid self-test:
Each pack contains:
1 x Instructions for Use
1 x Alcohol Pad
1 x Sterile Lancet (to prick your finger)
1 x Test Cassette
1 x Capillary Dropper
1 x Buffer Solution
1 x Coloured Card
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, ensuring your hands are completely dry afterwards.
- Open the foil pouch and remove the test cassette within. Remove the capillary dropper, alcohol pad, lancet and buffer solution and keep them beside the test cassette.
- Remove the cap of the lancet.
- Using the alcohol Pad provided, clean the area on your finger where you will be pricking. Allow the area to completely dry.
- Hold the lancet firmly against the fingertip you intend to puncture and press the button to release the lancet. This will quickly prick your finger and then automatically retract.
- Gently squeeze the finger and then using the capillary dropper, place it in contact with the formed drop of blood. Without squeezing the capillary dropper, the blood will automatically collect into the capillary dropper.
- Ensure you have enough blood sample to the fill line marked on the capillary dropper. Massage your finger again, if necessary, until you reach the fill line.
- Squeeze the dropper bulb to add the collected blood sample into the cassette well (marked S). Wait for the sample to fully dispense into the cassette well.
- Unscrew the cap of the buffer solution and add 2 drops of the buffer solution into the buffer well (marked B) on the test cassette.
- Wait 10 minutes to read the results.